FSU College of Human Sciences
Center for Couple and Family Therapy
Life is a journey.
Like every great journey, it has its ups and downs, certainties and uncertainties.
If you or someone you know is experiencing distress, therapy with a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) can help. MFTs are trained in systemic, or relational, therapy and believe that throughout life we exist in a number of relationships that directly and indirectly impact our well-being.
Our relationships with family, friends, co-workers and neighbors influence and create our individual experience. Research and theory have shown that mental illness and family problems are best treated in the context of relationships.
There are many things that the Center for Couple & Family Therapy can help with. These include:
- Work/School-related issues
- Couple & marital enrichment
- Pre-marital counseling
- Parenting & stepparenting
- Couple communication and conflict resolution
- Divorce and child custody
- Parenting classes
- Substance use and abuse struggles
- Grief and loss counseling
What is Marriage & Family Therapy?